Do you allow your kids to order junk foods?

Discussion in 'Kids' started by Jason, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Jason

Jason Member

Look, am an advocate of eating healthy. But when my wife goes to the restaurant with the kids, she has this idea of letting them eat whatever they wish for. An approach that I don't entirely agree with.

With the current Coronavirus lockdown, the kids have ordered for Chips and Chicken for three days consecutively. It disturbs me. I don't consider that a healthy meal!

Am o alone in this?!

2. Hova

Hova Member

Unless you put you foot down, kids will always eat things that they like i.e chips & chicken, Big Mac, pizza, sugary carbonated beverages, etc.

Don't just do it because of COVID-19, make sure junk food becomes a once in a while kind of thing. That way you set a precedence for your family.

Jason likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Member

My thought too brother. I have never been and will never be a fun of such junk. It's totally unhealthy. Parents all over need to wake up and realize this last they destroy the lives of their own kids. Since they will get used to this kind of junk when they grow up. Then it will be very hard to reverse the situation.

Hova likes this.
  4. Hova

Hova Member

I would recommend using cookies as treats. Whenever your child does something good, they get rewarded with a cookie, as a token of acknowledgment. When you are out having fun, then maybe candy in moderation is allowed. Although, I would caution against storing candy in the house because it would be pretty hard to hide them from your kids.