Elderly People vs Kids

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jason76, May 21, 2018.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

What is more challenging to watch after? I mean, I know it hurts the pride of old people, but many of them simply act like children. They have to be watched like children. So what is your experience in this situation?

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I have a little experience in taking care of the elderly whenever I would visit a nursing home with more than 20 patients. If the sanity of the aged is intact then I don't see any problem. But there are elders who are like brats that they act like spoiled kids. And if I were to choose in taking care a child or an elder I would probably choose the child because I know that I can bargain with a spoiled brat. I mean it is easier to convince the child than an elder who acts like a spoiled brat.

Jason76 likes this.
  3. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

Well, you have a point. However, certain adults can sometimes have distrustful motives - even though the elderly person is - at times - childish. I think certain caregivers can use childishness as a springboard for abuse, honestly. Of course, the scary thing about the abuse - is that the abusers think they're (the adults in-charge) totally normal people, lol.

4. tyche

tyche Active Member

The only time adults can act like kids and be tolerable is when they have a mental illness like dementia that needs to be taken care of, otherwise kids are still more annoying than adults in a general sense.

5. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

That's two separate issue. For me, I wouldn't choose whom to prefer to care for.

It's understood that kids should be given much attention compared to an elderly. Kids are undergoing the growing process and they won't be neglected.

But taking care of the elderly is a moral obligation of everyone. Though they sometimes are behaving like a child and it's a fact. They should be treated wonderfully for their days are numbered.

6. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

I think the same care given to children is equally given to elderlies.But for children its more kind of fun to do it since they are cute,bubbly and all that stuff.But still we have to take care of both of them and taking care of a child is better since slowly you know you are teaching them to do stuff on their own.