Establishing the boss in the home

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Alexandoy, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Who is the boss in the home? That is a usual question when I was in grade school. It was like a shame if the boss is the mother so usually we would say our father is the boss at home. But that is true, my father is the boss and he was a strict disciplinarian. We hated him when he would be hitting us boys. But when I became an adult, I realized that my father was also human.

2. Jason

Jason Member

Growing up, there was that superiority if Men over women. But it was not a good thing because it led to women being looked down upon as lesser being, or 2nd priority. In era, we should not encourage our kids too have the mindset of who is superior to the other. They should grow up knowing that we are all equal, with equal opportunities and chances.

3. tyche

tyche Active Member

My mom was the boss in our home, she was more dominant than my dad, but my dad also is dominant, but lesser in intensity than my mom. Both have "iron hands".

Alexandoy likes this.
  4. Jason

Jason Member

Your situations was tricky?! There was no superiority contest among them?

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

For some kids that I know, having an iron hand is needed for their parents. The stubborn kids who would be sassy sometimes that they think it is cute to be answering back. The 2 grandchildren of my youngest sisters are smart alecky. Fortunately the mother is strict that she even hits her kids when they step over the line, so to speak.

6. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

But I grew in a humble family which jointly and severally handled by our father and mother. They share the responsibility of taking care us and no one is above the other.

We know that the father is the breadwinner and the mother is the housekeeper but when regards to authority they're equal. My parents are humble and they never failed us to teach and build our character.