Family bonding

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Alexandoy, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

There are many ways of family bonding aside from going on a vacation or short trip. Some families play board games not to mention sports like badminton or tennis where parents and children can play together. What other activities do you see as a good way of family bonding?

2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

It is our family tradition every year to be reunited every December till the New Year. We go shopping together and eat outside from our favorite resto. And finally we go to the beach during the New Year, January 1.

Sunday is also another family bonding time. We go to Church as a family and eat together outside. For us, Sunday is a family day.

3. Maestro

Maestro Member

Having a movie night is a good bonding activity, not forgetting, it is also a lot of fun. You can go to the movies or even do it at home. Make popcorn, and enjoy yourselves.

Alexandoy likes this.
  4. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

We like to talk. Me, my husband and my son we like to just spend time talking about various topics. Though my son is only 11, he is very interested in topics concerning everything that is happening around, history, geography, world news, art etc. So we just talk about anything and everything including Modi, Trump and whether Kim Jong Un will really use nuclear bomb against South Korea or Japan!

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

My wife's sister has the movie night during Friday or Saturday when the whole family is at home. They would prepare their snacks like popcorn and other snack items to be ready for the movie at 9 pm. Sometimes they have sandwiches for dinner just like being in the cinema. I guess that is a nice way of bonding especially when the movie is a comedy, the laughter is contaminating.

Maestro likes this.
  6. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Yes that is really a clever way of bonding! Nice comedy movies with sandwiches, popcorn and stuff like that can prove to be a great relaxing factor and make kids more communicative with parents too!

7. Maestro

Maestro Member

A Sunday dinner might also be huge hit. Getting together on a Sunday evening and eating together is another great bonding experience. Most families barbecue on Sundays anyway, so it might as well act as time for bringing everyone together.

8. tyche

tyche Active Member

Watching a movie or a TV series all-together even when it's just done at home or inside the mall is a good way to bond with the family. Just the mere act of interacting with your family members reinforces that kind of ambiance.

9. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Active Member

Family bonding is really important with family members, because it helps with lasting connections as far as the family unit goes - so try to make the most of your time when the whole family is together. Setting aside time to have some family bonding time, really helps with the kids emotional well-being, also it helps the kids reach for higher levels of education as well, in the long run.