Flu Shots Also Protect Baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Jason76, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

janemarie and biege like this.
  2. biege

biege New Member

True, but there are still some stuff when ingested can be good for the parent but not to the baby. Anyway, I believe in this study because I'm a nurse and normally babies inside their mom take nutrients based from what their mom eats, take, or ingest. The immune system of babies are not yet developed, so they mostly rely from the immunity they get from their moms.

3. moondebi

moondebi Member

This is not to promote something against vaccination, but I'm little apprehensive regarding flu shots. This is a kind of vaccine which needs to be taken every year. Moreover, while flu virus has a wide range of stain, flu shots can provide prevention only against few. However, I've little knowledge of its impact on unborn babies.

4. janemarie

janemarie Member

This is a very interesting article but I am not really convinced. It may be true that it would help the unborn child, but I would be too afraid of harming the baby.

I prefer to keep everything natural and have a good healthy balanced diet and include everything that an unborn child needs to grow strong and healthy. There are many different strains of flu and I don't feel that a flu jab can cover them all.

5. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

One shouldn't believe results of every published research.

Lots of new information is being published which later is found to be not really trye or ineffective.

The fact that influenza viruses are strain dependent it is not suprising that it is single most prevalent illness that has not found a cure yet.

Besides every body is different and in utero control of the drug effect is almost impossible to control.

6. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

I don't think it is good idea to follow every research that are published almost every day. We should also consider about the researchers reputation, research sponsor etc. for instance are they scientists from a reputed institutions? Where did not they perform research,how many people participated in the research etc.
    We must follow well established practices only.

7. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

If you mean by the flu shot is a vaccine then I would advise against it. The new vaccines cannot be fully trusted yet much more for a pregnant woman. Don’t forget the effect of Zika virus which bloats the skull of the baby. What if the vaccine has a negative effect on the baby? We will never know.