Foods that are not good to eat when pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Alexandoy, Aug 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

I remember when I was a kid, my mother was choosy with her food when she was pregnant because from what I understand there are foods that can affect the health of the pregnancy like an involuntary abortion or induced bleeding. Unfortunately I don't remember the food except spicy foods that should not be eaten by pregnant women.

2. tyche

tyche Active Member

3. Hova

Hova Member

4. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

We got 6 children. I don't remember that my wife is picky or choosy when eating foods while she was bearing our children.

Practically she doesn't eat foods that spoiled, of course. Actually I don't have any knowledge as to the foods prohibited to be eaten by a pregnant woman.

5. Hova

Hova Member

In Africa, pregnant women mostly eat traditional foods. Everything is organic and unprocessed.

6. Olaff

Olaff Member

Organic is the best way to go. It is healthy and you don't have to worry about it affecting the baby.

Hova likes this.
  7. Hova

Hova Member

I know what you mean. The amount of toxic pesticide and fertilizers being used to grow food nowadays is extremely worrying. I would actually prefer if all pregnant women stick to a strict organic diet, and avoid consumption of anything inorganic.

Olaff likes this.
  8. Olaff

Olaff Member

I also read an article claiming that eating fish with high-Mercury level is very dangerous when you are pregnant . Also, undercooked or Raw Fish, especially raw fish, is highly advised against.

9. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

Some foods pregnant women should avoid are high-mercury fish - including king mackerel and tuna, especially albacore tuna. Also raw fish like sushi dishes, pregnant women should avoid as well - and any raw egg dishes they should not eat.