Gestational diabetes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by remnant, Nov 24, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant Member

About 7 in 100 women develop gestational diabetes during pregnancy though it clears out on its own afterwards. It worsens the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes both for the mother and child and should be controlled by doing early tests for those who already have diabetes or later in the second trimester in order to develop a meal and medicine intake plan to control it.

2. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

Good to keep in mind, thanks Remnant!

3. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

There are factors like obesity, strong family history, liver diseases and other hormonal imbalances that makes some pregnant women more prone to gestational diabetes mellitus.

It is advisable to be close to your doctor when you are prone to develop such complications to avoid complications during pregnancy.

4. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

My wife is pregnant. After she became pregnant she became fond of sweet food. These days she eats lots of chocolates and sweetmeats. Since I know pregnant woman could get diabetes, I was so worried about her. When we were on our regular visit to the doctor, I asked her if my wife is in risk of gestational diabetes. Thankfully, this was not the case with my wife.