How many children are appropriate for a family?

Discussion in 'Babies' started by Heatman, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I feel you :(

2. Rexy

Rexy Member

Honestly, I think 2 is perfect. That's because it's both good for the population, so we don't become more people, meaning that your kids will replace you when you die, and also because 1 is too little, and let's face it, kids are cute, but 3, that's WAY too much work, haha.

Elsa likes this.
  3. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Personally, I prefer to have a baby girl first before a boy. I have this silly belief that my son will be very stubborn like myself but if a girl is before him, definitely he would be forced to calm down by maybe looking at her as her elder. In general, 3 children are my target and I'm never going past it.

Elsa likes this.
  4. Elsa

Boy or girl, I think it still depends on how you raise him or her regarding responsibility. But I do think most girls are actually more responsible because they mature early as compared to boys. But then again, not all girls can be relied upon, haha.

5. workingbuck

workingbuck Active Member

Right, a lot of people either abort babies or give them away just like toys. I really can't think of a good reason for doing such a thing. I mean, if you can't support a baby why would you have it in the first place. Some might say they had the baby by accident like a girl got raped, I think it's not reason enough to abort the baby. The baby can't be punished for something like that.

Elsa likes this.
  6. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Funny but true not all girls can be relied upon in some cases, I have seen delinquent few and it's not something pleasing at all to the family involved. You're correct stating that everything is dependent on how the parents or guardian trains up such. If the training is flawed in the beginning, the child would definitely be off the rails with some nasty behavior.

Elsa likes this.
  7. Elsa

Yep, exactly :)

8. Elsa

That is the ideal number of kids, Rexy, and I find it funny the way you explained it, haha. If you find three kids too much work, how much more with five like what I have :D

Heatman likes this.
  9. Elsa

Yes, no baby deserves to die just because it was conceived by accident. Rape I could understand why some countries allow abortion for such cases, but for those who got pregnant because the sex was by choice, they should be ashamed of themselves. Unfortunately, others do not care one bit about their unborn.

workingbuck likes this.
  10. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Haha, I just can't stop laughing at this your question @Elas. How much work would 5 kids be for him? I guess he would probably skip his house and flee :eek:. There have actually being some odd stories about some fathers running away from the hospital where their wives delivered quadruplets :D. Such stories makes me laugh my ass out.

11. tallulah

tallulah Active Member

I come from a very large family. I have a great relationship with my parents and my siblings. We are super close and growing up was great for me. However, I do prefer to have a small family (maximum 2 children is fine for me). I know some people who are an only child tend to want to have a large family and those from large want to tone it down:). But I agree with most sentiments expressed here. Whatever works for you as a family.

Elsa likes this.
  12. Rexy

Rexy Member

Haha, I'm one of my moms 5 sons and I know how hard it was for her. Luckily the older ones moved out before I did ;)

Elsa likes this.
  13. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

The truth about some decisions made by some unfortunate girls who got raped and at the same impregnated is that the shame of the the rape incidence doesn't allow them to keep the baby. This is the main reason why most of them abort the babies. But a wise would always look at the brighter side and keep the child or either put him or her up for adoption.

workingbuck likes this.
  14. Rexy

Rexy Member

Not really the same of having been raped, but would you really want to carry the child of someone you don't love, or in this case absolutely hate? Usually, nobody keeps the child after a rape due to the fact that it might bring up memories.

15. workingbuck

True, though it still isn't a right thing to do, but I also understand if the girl gets raped. A lot of teens nowadays are happy when doing the deed but then they want to just run away with it when they find out they're pregnant.

Elsa likes this.
  16. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

My point is that it's not the baby's fault for the rape, and as such doesn't deserve to be killed. What I'm trying to say is that once anyone got raped unfortunately, it's best to get to the hospital and get one's self and system checked out and flushed up to avoid any pregnancy or infection.

But keeping quiet and not doing anything, to find out months later that pregnancy has occurred as a result of the rape, and then running off to abort the baby is totally wrong and evil towards the child. It's best to born and put it up for adoption right from the hospital, the person don't need to take the baby home.

17. Rexy

Rexy Member

The baby came from the rapist, also, the baby didn't have a consciousness so nothing happens if it's killed.

18. Elsa

You're right. Engaging in sex is now common among teens, but most of them do not want to be responsible for the outcome of their deed. They act without thinking of its consequences.

workingbuck likes this.
  19. Elsa

Now I understand why you only want two kids :D

20. Elsa

So nice to hear of siblings being super close and loving each other. I have the same relationship with my siblings, and we really help each other out without expecting something in return. I love them with all my heart, and we get together twice a year and spend a lot of laughs - one is during our parents anniversary and the other during the holiday season. Unfortunately, this is not the case with my partner's siblings, and it's really sad.

21. workingbuck

I hate to say this but I guess mainstream media has something to do with this, well in my country at least. I have never watched any TV programs for years now since I find them really stupid and boring. Instead of making some shows that can teach children or teens, they keep on making shows that teach people how to cheat or have a relationship with the same sex. I'm not against same sex relationships but for the media to show something like that isn't really what I can call good show.

22. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Well, let's not get into a heated argument on if killing the baby through abortion is wrong or right. I would have to respect your view on this, but I would make it clear that this is by far the most harsh comment I have heard so far consigning aborting a baby :(.

23. Rexy

Rexy Member

So you're against abortion? That's the same as saying "guys can't jerk off, cause the sperms die". The baby is no more than the sperms as neither has a conscience.

24. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Haha, sperms isn't a baby without the egg and conception taking place. No baby is yet formed after masturbation, you have things mixed up there @Rexy. You are very funny.

25. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

Here in our country the trend seems to be the poor and marginalized people tend to have more kids, while those in middle class and wealthy families also had an average of 3 children. It may seem contradictory since those who are financially incapacitated tend to have more children and a common belief was to that their children can be their only wealth. I have also seen a local documentary of a poor family who have 20 children and I pity the children since it was clearly shown that the parents can not afford even to buy enough food for all the kids. Sad but its really happening.

Heatman likes this.
  26. Rexy

Rexy Member

You're even more funny. There's a difference between the two organisms, however, neither of them has a conscience, meaning that it doesn't matter if either died.

27. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

It's actually what's mostly observed in our world today, those poor and incapacitated family keeps on reproducing children like they are getting an award for bearing lots of kids they simply cannot be able to take care of. While the rich, wealthy and affluent families tend to stick with at worst 3 kids.

I have heard some analysts say that the poor families increased tendency to giving more birth is down to ignorance and having sex as the sole means of leisure the husband and wife could afford, and this directly impact and influence the number of children they have.

28. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

Seriously, from where I stand with regards to valuing life, it definitely matters a lot if an unborn child is knowingly terminated even if such pregnancy was conceived through rape, the baby doesn't deserve to die for the rapist act as long as the victim of rape didn't go for a system flush immediately after the rape, thereby allowing pregnancy to take place. It's completely wrong to end the baby's life.

29. Rexy

Rexy Member

So you disapprove of abortion? Even if a 14-year-old girl gets raped and then she gets pregnant it's wrong to avoid her to become a teenage mother?!

30. Heatman

Heatman Active Member

You can prevent having to get abortion in the first place is my point. Take for instance, you already know that rape might get you impregnated. Now assuming after such 14 year old girl got raped, it's paramount to take her to the hospital and get her system checked out and flush out whatever sperm discharged in her body.

Failing to do this and allowing conception to take place is the wrong step to follow, and as such I would agree with aborting the baby. She or her parents could have prevented such pregnancy from taking place in the first instance, and not killing a baby they allowed to come into existence from not doing what they are supposed to do initially.