How Safe Is Your Nursery? Let’s Find Out!

Discussion in 'Kinacle Blog Posts' started by Kinacle (Bot), Dec 30, 2016.

1. Kinacle (Bot)

Kinacle (Bot) Member

2. Holmes22

Holmes22 Active Member

I would really like to think that all of these places are really up to code and on top of their game, but I guess the sad truth is that you can never really be too sure. I would definitely do my research here.

3. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

You're absolutely right, this is something everyone should check up on just to be on the safe side.

Of course, no amount of baby-proofing can ever replace diligent attention. Never a good idea to leave your baby unattended for extended periods of time, regardless of how safe the house is. :emoji_wink:

4. Mika

Mika Active Member

Every point mentioned in this blog is equally important but most of us forget about the windows safety. I have a personal experience which still sends shiver sensation when I think about that experience. I was stunned to see that my 3 year old was sitting on the bed very close to open window on our first floor apartment which I had opened during night. She was leaning toward the window and there was every chance of an accident as the window had no grills or any other protection. We generally kept that window shut but due to outage of power I had opened the window and forgot to shut it in the morning.

firstcry likes this.
  5. firstcry

firstcry Active Member

That is really shocking. I can understand how horrible it could be seeing such a view. That is why nowadays in multistory buildings grilled windows are a minimum safety requirement. I think you should consider putting some safety grills on that window.

Another thing is to attach a strong net in the open area of staircase. So in case somebody falls from one floor he/she may safely land on the net. We had a bad experience like one of my neighbor's kids fell down from the second floor through the open space. But fortunately he landed safely on the net. But the kids was really shocked and he could not speak for next five minutes.

6. Mika

Mika Active Member

@firstcry that was a rented apartment so I what I did, I changed it immediately because the owner had refused to fix the window with any protective measurement. The apartment I am living in right now is fully secured with no chance of an accident even for grownup ones. It has fully protected windows, grilled balconies which can be opened but have safety locking system. I still feel scared when I remember that incident and to add to my shock my daughter had blinds on which I had used the previous night to protect my eyes from light while my wife was doing her work in the bedroom.

firstcry likes this.
  7. firstcry

firstcry Active Member

There is a video on YouTube which has gone viral these days. Two year old twin brothers namely Brock and Bowdy were playing in a room when suddenly a dressing almirah fell on Brock. But Bowdy took charge of the situation and saved his brother by pushing the dresser aside. The video is an eye opener as how careless we could be at times. The parents were not aware of this incident which was captured in a surveillance camera.