How to deal with post pregnancy stretch marks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by firstcry, Dec 18, 2016.

1. firstcry

firstcry Active Member

Stretch marks are quite common in pregnant woman which is the result of belly stretching to take care of growing baby and also by hormonal changes in the body. But in most of the cases it doesn’t go away after delivery. This usually put the ladies in a dilemma. Massaging with coco butter greatly reduce this marks. You can do it after every shower. Vitamin E oil also helps a lot.

Usually it disappears within one month of delivery but in some cases it stays for long. Do you know any other remedies which are very effective?

2. Binu

Binu Member

Currently I am on my 5th month. As it is getting bigger, I am beginning to worry about the marks left after the delivery. I know nothing about home remedies, however, my sister who has two babies has suggested me to use a cream called "no marks" or "stretch marks" after the delivery. She says these creams have worked for me. I don't know about coco butter or vitamin e oil.

3. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

Although Bio oil has become popular for preventing stretch marks if used from 5th month of pregnancy I know of people who has been using it since 3 monghs of pregnancy religiously but saw no difference.
    I think it is all about how elastic your skin is rather its recoiling ability.

First pregancy might give better results than subsequent pregnancies when the tummy skin is just more lax.

4. moondebi

moondebi Member

It is really tough to get rid of stretch marks. However, if someone starts to take care from early pregnancy then the impact could be minimized. Apart from the above mention remedies, sesame oil could be tried which helps to maintain the elasticity of the skin. Given the stubbornness of these marks, I guess, it would be difficult to scrap them completely in a natural way.

5. kamai

kamai Active Member

I actually didn't get any stretch marks from my pregnancy and I was never consistant with applying lotions or oils, so my belly is stretch marks free. I do have stretch marks from a while back for losing a lot of weight quick on my legs though and still haven't found a way to diminish them. I heard that rubbing lemon juice on them while massaging can help I have just tried it a few times because I forget but it can work.

6. kokimboka

kokimboka New Member

Bio oil worked miracles for me.I used during and after both pregnancies and I don't have any stretchmarks. I usually start using it immediately I get pregnant and use it throughout the pregnancy and a few months after.My skin is clear with no stretch marks.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

My mom actually used some oil and massaged her belly everyday with it, and as what I saw, it made the stretch marks fade a little. Yes they are still visible but not that noticeable anymore, unlike when they were still new. I'm just not sure what type of oil was that but I think it was just a normal baby oil, since I didn't see any other oil in their room aside from that baby oil.

8. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

I used Coco Butter when I was pregnant. It greatly reduced them and made them lighter. I know there are several other things you can do such as, rubbing Aloe Vera on the stretch marks and leaving it on for several minutes, then use warm water and a soft cloth to rinse it off.:) Sugar and Olive Oil work well also.

9. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

Ah, my mother used cocoa products but instead of butter, she used oil and they went away in a few months. You can also purchase savila gel which works to heal scars and stretch marks as well. The gel dries and stays on your stretch marks so that it will heal faster instead of using the sticky plant.