How To Deal With Postpartum Hair Loss

Discussion in 'Kinacle Blog Posts' started by Kinacle (Bot), Nov 15, 2017.

1. Kinacle (Bot)

Kinacle (Bot) Member

2. tyche

tyche Active Member

Nice article, I didn't know that post partum depression causes hair loss, since I've never been pregnant. My mom didn't seem to suffer from it when she was pregnant with her 2 kids. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  3. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Great article, I wish I had read this when I was losing large amounts of hair after my son's delivery. During pregnancy, I didn't lose even a single hair, instead my hair grew rapidly and I had the most beautiful, dark, shiny hair all those months. But later on it was all gone. But thankfully, it was just temporary yet,they never grew back as beautiful as they had during pregnancy.

4. Julhian

Julhian New Member

Three months after I gave birth to my first child, I did notice that my hair started to fall out. Now that my daughter is already nine months old, I am still dealing with the same hair problem. I am fine with my hair falling out but I can’t take these little baby hair strands growing on my head. It looks just awful.

But thanks to this very informative article. I felt relieved knowing that there are ways to treat this hair problem. I am planning to get a haircut first before any other hair treatment because I know that eventually, this phase will pass. Besides, I am a breastfeeding mom so a shorter hair will definitely help because my daughter just learned how to pull my hair while I’m nursing her. :)

Risa likes this.
  5. tallulah

tallulah Active Member

I just heard of this recently from another forum that women lose their hair after giving birth. But can I ask if it only affects women of a particular race or colour? I am asking because I have never heard of anyone around me going through this problem. I am just so glad that we have lots of option to cover up a bald head. A great wig :D

6. kamai

kamai Active Member

I remember also losing my hair especially in the front of my head where my forehead starts. I had a a very noticeable bald spot at the top of my forehead which after a few months had hair grown but it looked funny at first because the small hairs would stay standing up until they grew a bit more. I know not every woman goes through that and I don't know what that consists of either but at least it's temporary.

7. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

Yes, it could cause hair loss; another struggle a woman has to endure for her baby.

Good to know your mom didn't suffer from it and that she didn't have major problems while pregnant. There are some who are not so lucky.

8. Elsa

Awww... sorry to hear about what you've been through. Pregnancy indeed entails huge sacrifices from mothers. I'm just relieved to know your hair eventually grew back. It may not be as beautiful as before but still so much better than not having hair :)

nangk08 likes this.
  9. Elsa

Great to hear! That's looking at the problem in a positive light. Keep it up! :)

10. Elsa

Hi! Tallulah. I searched for an answer regarding your query if hair loss only affects a certain group of women. I didn't find any answers that this type of problem only affects women belonging to a a certain race or color. As mentioned in the article, it could affect women who have just given birth and this is because of hormonal change and a woman's emotional condition. Hope this helps :)

11. Elsa

I guess I'm one of the few who didn't experience hair loss after a pregnancy. I'm sure it could wreak havoc on a woman's state of mind as it looks awful and embarrassing. But as you said, women should not worry too much about it because it's a temporary condtion.

12. tyche

tyche Active Member

@Elsa, I noticed that the young moms that I know didn't lose any hair and didn't gain much weight before and after their pregnancy, so they're quite lucky.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Elsa likes this.
  13. Elsa

Wow! Really? They're lucky indeed! They're probably not under a lot of stress that's why. Stress is also a major cause of hair loss.

14. tyche

tyche Active Member

@Elsa, Maybe that's why they were able to maintain their looks and figure, they weren't really stressed when they were carrying the baby.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Elsa likes this.
  15. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

I can relate with you @Julhian , both with the hair loss and my baby pulling out my hair. I also have a haircut everytime I gave birth due to same reason. It also helps when I comb my hair when its already dry, rather than combing it right after bath. It minimizes the hair fall.

16. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Out of our 6 children, my wife had never experienced of hair loss. She's a woman. She knows how to take care of herself especially in dealing with problems. In fact, two of us are tackling the problems we have. And we have solved them.

I just read this to keep myself aware why hair loss is one of the problem of a newly delivered woman of her baby. It's caused by hormonal changes. And it will take 6 months to the hair grow normally. Now I know. Thanks.

17. fasdfasdfd

fasdfasdfd New Member

This one help you