If thеrе is nо kаrmа аnd rеbirth сyсlеs,thеn why sоmе bаbiеs tаkе birth with disаbilitiеs

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by MariaJ, Dec 23, 2016.

1. MariaJ

MariaJ Member

If thеrе is nо kаrmа аnd rеbirth сyсlеs,thеn why sоmе bаbiеs tаkе birth with disаbilitiеs аnd pаinful disоrdеrs, whilе оthеrs еnjоy gооd hеаlth?
    Rеligiоn likе Hinduism will еxplаin this:Whо tаkеs birth with disаbilitiеs hаd dоnе wrоng dееds in thеir prеviоus birth,whilе thоsе with gооd hеаlth hаd dоnе gооd dееds.But hоw аn аthеist will еxplаin this?I аm wеll аwаrе оf biоlоgy,but I wаnt 'why' еxplаnаtiоn,nоt 'hоw birth dеfесts оссurs

2. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

I don't think it has to do with religion because I don't think God would punish a new birth like that. When it comes to biology, it doesn't take any sort of superstition into account. It's just the way it sometimes happens by how someone took care of themselves during pregnancy. There are many evil healthy people in the world and I do believe a punishment is dealt but only in another dimension.

workingbuck likes this.
  3. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

I don't subscribe to the idea that child's defects could be attributable to the religion or superstitious beliefs of a mother. Child's disability could be traced to the some hereditary factors, genetics, and abuses made by the mother like smoking, drugs, and unhealthy lifestyle. or accident.

4. Binu

Binu Member

I have read karma principles based on Buddhist and Hindu doctrines. According to karma, what kind of life you are livin today is the result of your previous life cycle. Karma is just a belief, it does not have any scientific basis. Where as science has explained every thing related to birth, including birth with defects. Defects occur during the fusion of sperm with female eggs.

5. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

Atheists would probably agree with the scientific reasoning behind birth defects.

Even those who do not believe law of Karma would nevertheless believe Newton 3rd law of motion which pretty much summarizes Karma.

janemarie likes this.
  6. workingbuck

workingbuck Active Member

I totally agree with this. Well I do believe in karma but if that's the way to explain birth defects, then we might have a problem with the God that we believe in. Birth defects are usually caused by parents, they drink a lot of medication while they are pregnant or do drugs. Others have defects because of DNA connected problems, but aside from those, I do not have any answer that I can think of. Blaming karma isn't that good in my point of view.

7. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

Yes and especially since I think Karma is only caused by one's self and not some supernatural being or presence. If you did bad, you create enemies and that creates problems. Also, if you do bad, you're bound to have something bad happen to you because of the bad ambiance you've created around your life. Everyone will be after you. If you poke an alligator in the eye, it's going to retaliate.

workingbuck likes this.
  8. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

This thread is too difficult to answer because it involves the concept of life that we do not know fully well. I have to admit that I believe in reincarnation but I also have to admit that there is no proof. Any religion can claim of what they declare but they have no solid proof on it because life is a mystery. Adn with the birth defects of a baby, you can liken it to factory defects which could have been caused by so many possible reasons.

9. Miches

Miches Active Member

I think that what Biology tells us is more credible than assumptions or beliefs that humans go through rebirth cycles and that humans who are born with deformities are being punished for wrongful deeds in their past lives. Even animals can be born with deformities/disabilities.

I am not an atheist, in fact I'm a Christian, but my faith coincides with what science says about birth abnormalities. We look at circumstances like this as a challenge that have far reaching effects and one that will ultimately work for the best as part of God's great design. Karma is not a Christian concept at all, but the closest thing to karma is 'what you sow, so shall you reap' but only within this lifetime.

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

I do believe in Karma and what really comes around goes around but I don't think religion has something to do with people who were born with disabilities. My brother has ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and the main reason for that is because my mother took tons of medicines and pills not knowing she was pregnant. She simply thought that she's sick and she never thought she'd be pregnant again because her doctor told her that she won't be having a baby anymore, not to mention that she had her period regularly while being pregnant with my baby brother.

11. janemarie

janemarie Member

This is a difficult one to answer. I do believe in reincarnation and karma. Yet no one knows one hundred per cent as no one has come back to tell us. Even if they did come back to tell us, we wouldn't believe them anyway.

I think that we are all energy. A vibration and all our acts, words and thoughts go out into the universe and seek what it resonates with. The vibration will find the vibration that it resonates with and spring back to the individual. what we think about will come to us. we attract it by the vibration of our thoughts.

So someone who is born with deformities, I think is already vibrating at the level that deformities vibrate at. It doesn't necessarily mean that they have been bad in a previous life. It just means that they have to overcome that vibration.

I think that when we die, our energy (vibration) will go out and search for that what vibrates the same. If it was a disabled vibration then it will search out for a disabled vibration again. This will keep happening until the person involved thinks different. Thinking differently is the only way to change our vibration, apart from things like binaural beats and theta waves.

We make the same mistakes each life until we learn to change that vibrational mistake.

Apparently, we have an eighth chakra. It is about one metre above our heads and it is our karmic chakra. Working on this chakra, to get it spinning properly is also a great way to prevent karma.

I do believe there is a God, and I believe that this is the way he gets us for our naughty deeds.

So if a child is born disabled because of the mother taking drugs, then that was what the child was vibrating at in their past life.