Is Formula Milk really Bad for Babies

Discussion in 'Babies' started by Kakashi2020, May 2, 2020.

1. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

Baby Formula Milk is being tagged as not healthy for Babies and the government is promoting breast feeding amidst the current pandemic. My take on this is Baby Formula Milk was created primarily to support the nutritional needs of babies for several generations baby formula milk was used as a substitute and as a supplement and I just can't understand why the government is labeling it unhealthy.
    What's your take on this?

2. Hova

Hova Active Member

A mother's milk is the best because it helps with boosting the baby's immune system. I don't think there is a better alternative. But if a mother is not able to breastfeed the baby for some reason, then formula is advisable.

3. tyche

tyche Active Member

I don't think it's true, otherwise, the milk formula industry would have died down already. A lot would complain about not being satisfied with the product.

4. Hova

Hova Active Member

Also, to add to your point, parents have been using formula for really long time. So as you can see, it has already been tested.

5. Jason

Jason Member

What the government is advocating for, is that you should use it as a last resort. Dint make it the primary source of milk for your baby. Some parents get lazy or busy and just depend entirely on formula milk.

6. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

You have the point. The formula milk is good and it supplements the baby's nutrients needs.

Breastfeeding is well recommended but some nursing mothers don't have enough milk. So formula milk may cope up with the insufficiency minerals and nutrients the baby needs.

Our children are fed of branded formula milk when their mother lost her milk. And they grow up healthy.

7. Hova

Hova Active Member

The whole reason for having formula in the first place, is to supplement mothers' milk when it is not available..

8. doursay

doursay Member

I'm one who does not take seriously anything the Government in the U.S. says. They have agendas that almost never benefit us. That said, I would take this with a grain of salt. Yes, it should be used as a supplement, but I really believe that they shouldn't go around saying it's unhealthy to everyone at the same time.

There are ways of tracking consumer spending. The consumers, or at the very least the zip codes they shop in, who buy nothing but formula should be targeted with information telling them that breast milk is more advisable. Product marketers do this every day. There is no need to scare anyone into thinking that formula is unhealthy because automatically they are going to think "Then why do they sell it? Why does the Government give me money earmarked for this type of purchase?"

This is Government trying to overreach their authority IMO. Again.

9. Hova

Hova Active Member

Companies must compete for business otherwise we would have a monopoly. It is unfortunate that they have to result to such extreme measures, like using propaganda to take the competition down, because the only people who end up suffering are the consumers who have no idea which product to trust.

10. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

I'm a believer of the phrase 'breast is best' but truthfully formula has come a very long way and does a fine job at meeting baby's nutritional needs.

11. Hova

Hova Active Member

If you have any doubts, I say go for the well known brand of formula.

12. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

We are 6 children in the family who grew up with powdered milk because my mother had a problem with the lactation. Maybe I can be considered kind of eccentric or abnormal but I certify that my 5 siblings are all normal people. I don't think it matters much whether a baby is breast fed or given formula milk. There are advantages on both sides of the fence.

13. Hova

Hova Active Member

I think that is the best proof anyone can give. If you fed a bottle as a toddler and are still healthy then there shouldn't be any doubt that formula is safe and healthy.