Is it safe to conceive during the pandemic?

Discussion in 'Babies' started by iamawriter, Jun 11, 2020.

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

While I am not sure if family members are expected to maintain safe distancing it may not apply to married couples. Even if there is no restriction when it comes to married couples is it advisable to plan a child during the pandemic? Since we do not know how long it will take for the pandemic to disappear one never knows what future holds for that child when it comes into the world. .

2. tyche

tyche Active Member

It's really not advisable to conceive a child at this point, especially with the pandemic in full swing. It would be better if the couple would wait until it has fully disappeared before conceiving.

3. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Sadly one never knows how long or whether this pandemic will ever go away as no vaccine is seen on the horizon. . I feel for those couples who are longing to have their child and more so if it is their first child.

4. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

It's indeed a great sacrifice on the part of the married couples especially the newly wed to withhold themselves to make a baby.

If they value the life of their incoming offspring, the couple have to wait and be able to take the great sacrifice they could ever make of observing strictly the family planning until it's safe. But until when? That's indeterminate.

5. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Till what time will one has to wait is a question that cannot be answered as of now May be they can consult a doctor before taking a decision.

6. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

The nephew that I posted here who married at a late age has his wife pregnant and gave birth last week to a healthy baby girl. They just observed the precautionary measure of not getting near people before the birth and after the birth the same protocol was practiced. My nephew said that the threat of infection is there since they went to the hospital but fortunately they are safe now.

iamawriter likes this.
  7. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Wow!! They are truly courageous but since you say the delivery took place last week the conception took place much before the pandemic. However the couple must have lived in fear and I am glad all is ok now.

8. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

In this pandemic everyone is making sacrifices and suffering specially the young who have a bleak future You are right the couples who want a child should wait and yes how long is anyone's guess