Is washing of hands an issue?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Alexandoy, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Against the corona virus, the washing of hands is the usual advice from almost everyone. But in our culture, it is a given that you have to wash your hands before and after eating also before and after touching food stuff. There is a big fuss on the washing when even the kids here know that already. And for those parents who did not teach their children on the proper hygiene and sanitation then it is about time for that little training.

2. tyche

tyche Active Member

Washing of hands is indeed a big issue nowadays since there is Covid-19, so children and adults alike should wash their hands often to avoid the spread of the virus.

3. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

I agree that this is the time for parents to teach their kids on proper hygiene.This corona virus has changed completely everything.

Alexandoy likes this.
  4. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Washing hands and feet thoroughly after coming home from outside, before and after eating and before going to bed is also a thing which is ingrained in our culture and is taught to children right from early childhood. However it is somehow seen as something that people have been negligent to and is therefore made a big thing out of it nowadays. But overrated or not, it is a prudent thing to do and should be a daily ritual for everyone even when there is no epidemic.

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the kids in our neighborhood. One time I visited a home and it was dinner time. The kids went to the table with dirty hands. Since the parents did not say anything so I did not say anything either for I do not want them to be offended. The kids were grade school age already. And by the way, that was last month.

6. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

I think it's not a big issue. Washing of hands is just being revisited and reemphasized for the school children themselves are provided by the school a washing basin and a soap in consonance with the worldwide washing program.

This is already an ongoing project of the Department of Education long before the outbreak of Coronavirus.