Limited snacks to prevent obesity

Discussion in 'Kids' started by Alexandoy, Jun 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I was surprised to read that snacking is one cause of obesity among children. It didn't occur to me that kids can finish 2 sandwiches in a snack plus a big cup of soda. Now I realize that snacking can indeed make the kid gain weight and it may also get out of control. Perhaps it is the duty of the parents to control the snacking of their children.

2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

I do agree that parents should control the volume of snacks which they provide to their kids to avoid getting overweight.

The parents themselves should set a good example by limiting their snacks too. It's by example the kids learned especially on what they see from their parents and from their siblings.

3. tyche

tyche Active Member

Everytime a kid gains weight, it is only the parents who are responsible for that because they feed the kid. The parents should learn how to not spoil or overindulge the kid when it comes to eating food, so that they won't be overweight.

4. Hova

Hova Active Member

This a very huge problem with everyone, not only kids. But since we are talking about kids, it is the parents duty to make sure there are rules. Processed sugar and deep-fried-foods are among the top contributors of obesity.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  5. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Not just kids even adults tend to put on weight if they go for an overdose of snacks However, it also depend on the kind of snacks Too much of butter and oil could be the culprits. Parents should therefore select the kind of snacks that are packed with nutrients.

6. Hova

Hova Active Member

But I'm glad to see most kids nowadays going for the more healthier foods, including even changing and becoming vegans! I know it is a really small percentage but I'm optimistic that with more awareness on the dangers related to these unhealthy snacks, we will one day overcome this problem.

7. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I feel that it is not how much but what kind of stuff kids eat as a snack. Usually eating large quantities for kids is not a problem as they are quite active and need more calories but letting them eat fried, junk foods as snacks is the reason for obesity. I also would never allow my son to drink soda in any case as it is just empty calories and not at all healthy for young children. Instead provide homemade stuff, fruits etc. stocked up in your kitchen to be eaten as snacks.

8. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

I think there us no problem if a child liked snacking.The problem is if the child doesn't play or do any activities during the day.children should play while doing that they exercise hence the use up the energy gotten from the food.

9. fasdfasdfd

fasdfasdfd New Member

Everytime a kid gains weight, it is only the mother and father who're chargeable for that because they feed the kid. The parents ought to discover ways to now not smash or overindulge for cooking meat and chicken with the help of offset smoker, Read here more about the kid with regards to eating meals, so that they may not be overweight.