Most Brutally Honest Thing Your Toddler Has Said?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Dandy Lion, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Dandy Lion

Dandy Lion New Member

I'm the first person to post in this section! I can say anything I want!

Toddlers also don't seem to have any barriers. What's the most brutally honest thing your toddler has said to you?

Toddlers are silly, let's hear it.

2. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

Not quite a toddler but my nephew certainly said something pretty brutal when he was younger.

He was in love with my mother's dog and wanted it to stay at his house. My mother told him that if she died then he could have him. Of course not really understanding the concept of death yet, he told her that she hoped she died before the dog so that he could be his dog instead.

He then caught himself and said "But I want you to live a long time, I just hope Ringo (the dog's name) lives longer!"

I hadn't heard my mother laugh so hard in a long time :D

3. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

Not my toddler but my baby sister said something brutal the other day. She can talk but only in short sentences.

My parents and I were talking about looks and how my parents think I look handsome. I asked them about their true opinion on my appearance based on their eyes and not their heart. They told me that if they saw me as a stranger on the streets, they would think I was a good looking young man. My baby sister overheard this and said ''no, Mike ugly'' followed by my parent's boom of laughter.

At least I have a true answer now.

4. kamai

kamai Active Member

The most brutal thing my toddler has said to me in an incomplete sentence is. "Mom leave, me want alone." She got mad at me for not letting her put something in her mounth so she prefered to be alone so I wouldn't stop her from doing what she wanted to do. Later she laughed because she was just playing around and then didn't want to let go of me.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

I don't have a baby yet and I would love to have one since toddlers can be the most precious thing on earth. Reading these puts a smile on my face since because it only shows how babies can be so innocent and super adorable as well. Though I don't have any yet, one of my colleagues years ago told us about her 3 year old daughter told her something freaky. One night while she was applying lotion on her skin, her daughter was staring at her and then the baby said "You have a really nice skin mom" then my colleague just smiled at her daughter and then her daughter continued "I would like to peel it off and put it on mine". My friend was shocked with what her daughter had told her and she ask her why would she want to peel her mom's skin. The toddler simply said, "because I think it will look good on me as well".

What a weird thing to say for a toddler right?

6. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

Ahahahaha toddler logic. I can totally understand why she would think and say that.

And don't worry @TheKnight I've had my fair share of that as well. :emoji_joy:

7. louisemartin

louisemartin New Member

It really sad on your part..

8. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

The most common brutally honest talk that I hear from a toddler is invectives or expletives. Saying bad words is mimicked from the adults that's why when someone in the home has the habit of cursing, that style can be learned by the toddler that you may be shocked one day when you hear your child saying that s.o.b. phrase.

9. Purity Mani

Purity Mani New Member

My son once told my neighbour she came to visit us and my baby could not eat she just stared at her I noticed and asked him why he is looking at her and he said its because she is eating a lot and he is scared he will eat even daddy's food ,I was so embarrassed

10. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

I remember my daughter when she was little sitting on my lap and peering into my face and then she said "What are those cracks in your face?" :(

I always thought I had a fairly good line free skin too :D

11. Risa

Risa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

Well toddlers are the most honest people in the world! When my 3 yr.old says I'm ugly, I face the mirror and she's right! If she says I'm getting fatter, oh no! I think I to have some dietary adjustments haha!

12. Miches

Miches Active Member

I knew that I was a 'little' overweight after giving birth and I didn't even notice that my clothes have gotten too tight for me. I had no idea at all until my son pointed out to a chubby host of a noontime show and started calling her "momma". I was shell-shocked and the nanny was laughing out loud. I knew he wasn't lying though, so I knew I had to do something about my weight.

13. Natasha0717

Natasha0717 New Member

This was my little niece who said this, and it wasn't really "brutal"... (although she certainly can be brutally honest when she wants to be!) :D ...but we were all outside on the boat and my hair was all messed up, uncurled, and just flowing freely all over the place in the wind. (I didn't even have time to do my hair that day, and I just really didn't care at the time.) I asked her how awful it must have looked, and her answer was surprising, yet honest. She said, "I like the way it looks! You should always wear it like that. You look so young!" I'll always be grateful for that comment, because I've been growing my hair out ever since and I plan on letting it just free-flow all next summer. Children are brutally honest, but sometimes I think that's a blessing. They tell you things that other people either don't even care about mentioning, or are too afraid to say.

14. tallulah

tallulah Active Member

This is an incomplete sentence. Based on the thread topic, did a toddler say this?
    Anyways back to the subject, one of the funniest things I have heard a toddler say to his mother. He was jealous of all the attention his new baby brother was getting and he asked the mother to take the baby back to the shop where he was bought from. :D

15. AmieBotella

AmieBotella Member

Oh I have several of these. But the one that topped it all is when I met a friend from way back college days while my family and I are strolling on the mall. We were having this really hyped conversation and my son (who's 4 at that time) was strangely looking at my friend. And when I noticed that, I looked at him and he immediately asked so loud, "mom, what's wrong with his teeth?" My friend has snaggletooth which is so prominent when he smiles. Good thing my friend has a sense of humor and just joked about it. But I was so embarrassed.

16. Mika

Mika Active Member

I have several such sentences to tell but what made me laugh most came from my nephew that he said when he was 5. My brother while going out on an official tour with his wife had left him with us for three days. The kid wanted everything including my laptop and phone for his personal use and when I told him not to touch those things, he said, "If I said those words again he will kick me out of the his house" Yes he used the exact same words.