Neglecting the kids due to vices

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Alexandoy, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I had a friend who complained that his wife is not minding the kids when he is at work. The wife is a homestay wife that handles the home. But the children are always out of the house, playing in the neighbor's or simply roaming the community. Is there a law against neglect of the mother?

2. tyche

tyche Active Member

Yes there is, I think if the parent is neglectful enough the child will be taken away by the DSWD employees if someone files a complaint.

3. Alexandoy

I know of a guy who drinks a lot and the wife gambles with the neighbors. I was related to the guy but what can I do when it is their life. It is not easy to intrude because my good intentions would just be mistaken for a negative reaction to the issue. Oh well, to each his own family.

4. Olaff

Olaff Member

Well, if it is a safe neighborhood, I think it is good for the kids be outside and make friends instead of being cooped up in the house all the time behind computers and cell phones. Socializing with others will definitely help the kids in having a big personality. On the other hand, if the kids health or well being is being neglected, then that is a different matter.

5. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Active Member

Yes, child neglect is a form of child abuse - kids have some basic needs, and it is up to the parents to provide adequate supervision - also they should provide for their emotional and safety needs as well. A good parent-child relationship is important, and lays the foundation for the child's personality and life choices for the future.

Alexandoy likes this.
  6. Alexandoy

I had spoken to one social worker who said that if we would report the wayward kids because of the neglect of the parents then there would be a case and the social services department people can do something about it. But what if the kids are now wayward and just the parents? There should be a law on that.