Pain relievers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by iamawriter, Jul 21, 2020.

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Pain relievers only relieve pain but do not cure the underlying cause of pain. There are countless reasons one gets pain. It is therefore wise to seek advice and treat the underlying cause accordingly.

Do you reach for pain killers and think all is hunky dory? Have you had a bitter experience following this rule?

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

I really don't think about that when taking painkillers.But whenever I have a headache or stomachache it helps me since going to the doctor need a lot of cash to go through the tests.But also looking at your point some illness start with normal symptoms and I think you are right to go to the doctor.

3. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Pains have so many causes and pain killers just mitigate the pain but don't cure their origin. They're just a sign that something part of the body is ill or not good.

Doctor's consultation is sought when the pain persists.

iamawriter likes this.
  4. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

5. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Even for minor ailments there could be solutions. You can always go on the Net. and look for genuine links that will guide. The stomach pain could be indigestion or even worms.

6. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Taking painkillers each time without thinking can be quite damaging. I have personally experienced that. I used to just pop a pill each time I got neck or back pain, so much and for so long that it resulted in me getting hypertension. So it is better to consult a doctor if the pain is too much and for too long. In most mild cases, pain will go away with just a little care.

iamawriter likes this.
  7. tyche

tyche Active Member

The only "painkiller" that I took was the ointments that cured gas pain and headache, and they are just external liquid substances. I will never take pills for a prolonged period of time in place of going to the doctor, it can cause major side effects.

8. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

You are right

But sadly the moment the pain disappears they think all is hunky dory When the pain appears again they repeat the process until what is causing the pain sometimes becomes incurable.

9. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Pain is just a warning that all is not well and you are right. Pain killers have side effects and the first casualty are the kidneys. Sometimes the pain could be harmless but one needs to keep a vigil.

nangk08 likes this.