Prayer at home

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Alexandoy, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Some families are religious and some are not but I think prayer is important not just for the spiritual needs but for the bonding of the family. Especially the saying of graces before the meal, the children are proud when they are asked to lead the prayers. One good thing with prayer is that the child gets conscious of the kindness, generosity and righteousness that comes from the influence of the prayer.

2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

We're faithful members of our Church and prayer is a part of maintaining our unwavering faith in God.

In all of day-to-day undertakings we pray. When we have a meeting among our respective family, we open it up with a prayer of thanksgiving.

Our children upon waking up they pray. Before they eat their meals, they pray. Before they go to their schools, they pray.

In short, prayer becomes our way of life. For better or for worse, we pray.

3. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

It is good if the family is active in their church. But most of the families I know are not that religious. Children are left to their own activities and sometimes the parents go to church without their kids. I believe in the adage that a family that prays together stays together.

4. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Active Member

There are other ways that you could find some time to say your prayers in this hectic world and fast pace of things, besides at the dinner table. They would include - when you rise from bed these days or retire, you could say a quick prayer, or when your family climbs in the car to go somewhere - you could say some quick prayers as well, so you can be aware of God's presence in your day.