Pregnancy during a Pandemic

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Kakashi2020, May 1, 2020.

1. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

With a global pandemic knocking on our door being pregnant specially in the Philippines is hard and dangerous. With limited government support, lack of hospital facilities, limited access to medication, health workers and limited places to go to.
    My sister in law is 5 months pregnant and she can't go out of the house or go to a hospital to visit her doctor because of fear that she'll get infected of covid. Also hospitals here are not accepting any visitors because most if not all are caring for covid patients.

Now if the pandemic worsens the next problem would be child birth and the government should do something to address such problems. A hospital for every city that would cater to pregnancy, child birth, children, kids issues should be designated before things get worse.

2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Well if there's a will, there's a way. I have 6 children. Two of them were born at home by a lady physician and a midwife. Four were born at the city health clinic. My wife didn't go to the hospital.

It's no problem them that every village or barangay has its own Barangay health and there's a BH midwife to cater to the needs of pregnant women especially in giving birth to a child.

3. tyche

tyche Active Member

I think that to be assured of being accepted, it would be best for them to seek out the services of a private clinic, not a public hospital. I don't think private hospitals would reject pregnancy cases, since people pay to be admitted.

4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Times have changed from the normal that we know. Now there is the danger lurking at us with the invisible covid virus. But we can improvise to do what we need to do and that includes getting pregnant and giving birth. I understand that going to the hospital for a pre-natal checkup is exposing yourself to the risk of contamination. But I think proper care like the face mask and social distancing would be enough protection.

5. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

It's a difficult time for sure :emoji_disappointed: we've seen a huge spike in searches for pregnancy anxiety on our site, which isn't good for the mother or for the baby.