So Besides Parenting...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by James McAllister, Nov 21, 2016.

1. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

How else do you spend your free time (if you have any, lol)

Let's get to know each other by sharing some of our favorite hobbies!

As for me, I like to play music (guitar, piano, drums) sing, soccer, hike. Of course I have a pretty big interest in business as well but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy heading out and playing guitar at the park :)

biege likes this.
  2. biege

biege New Member

Hi there, CEO. It's nice to hear from you. I also like Hiking and Singing but most of all I love art and business. I also trade in Crypto-currencies and I would like to share some ideas if anyone would be interested. Thank you for allowing us to join your forum. Hope everyone is having fun. See ya around! :D

3. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

Oh wow! I remember back when the average person could mine Bitcoin, I had my computer going 24/7 and it sounded like a jet engine because the fans were so loud lol.

Sadly I sold everything I've mined for far lower than I could've, I remember when Bitcoin rose to like $1,200, but I think I ended up selling when the price was around $800. I mined a lot of Litecoin after that too. Interesting times!

4. kamai

kamai Active Member

In the rare times I have free time I like to work on journaling or writing songs. I love to sing so I practice that while doing chores or with my baby girl. I'd like to work on art but I feel the free time I get is not enough to concentrate on that fully.

5. remnant

remnant Member

I am not a parent yet but I am planning to become one in the near future God willing. Besides parenting, my hobby would be leisurely browsing the web to study the scriptures which is my default leisure activity as well as searching for new online income generating activities. I am also a voracious reader.

6. majid

majid New Member

My kids like to play piano. I am really also motivated to learn to play piano. However, I do not have enough time to learn it. I think maybe I am old now to learn these things.
    My kids learned it very quickly. There is sometimes a significant difference between kids and adults in terms of learning an art or new languages. I wish someday I come up a strong decision for learning of piano. I need to investigate on the best and most convenient method of education and training in piano.

7. tony

tony Active Member

As for me the free time I have these days chunk of it is spent online.
    I also do some sports. I like football, sometimes say once in a week I play football with colleagues.
    I am interested in learning how to play the Keyboard and trying to use my leisure to learn someday

8. kokimboka

kokimboka New Member

I thank God that all my children are school going,so I usually have some free time to spare when they are in school.I like listening to gospel music, reading books and trying out new recipes. I mostly prefer to read a good book and just meditate on it.Sometimes if its not a serious book, a'l listen to some worship music while reading.These are some of my most treasured times.

9. ptahm22

ptahm22 Member

I'm currently a student and most of my free time goes to hanging out with my friends. We all have a chill spot where we meet during weekends and play games or share stories. When am alone I just listen to any music or watch a movie.

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

I seldom have a spare time but when I do, I would definitely sleep LOL :D Well if I'm not asleep and not working, I either watch movies or eat. Aside from that, I also love reading books, singing while doing other stuffs, cooking and swimming :)

Elsa likes this.
  11. Miches

Miches Active Member

Besides parenting, I do love to learn new stuff and I would often enroll myself on free online courses in various fields of discipline. Just recently, I enrolled myself on a 5-month automotive servicing course at a community school with a daily afternoon session. I am online most of the time and when there's free time, I would look for income opportunities and small business ideas.

12. Anupama

Anupama New Member

Hi, I have a full time job and hence does not get any time for any hobbies. I love reading and listening music. I am also interested in Crypto-currencies. I even tried bitcoin mining, but failed. I would really love to get some ideas on Crypto-currency mining.

13. workingbuck

workingbuck Active Member

I really want to do a lot of stuff if only I have the time. As of now, I do play a lot of League of Legends whenever I have spare time. But I really miss playing the drums and guitar, I haven't played these two for years now since there isn't enough time and there isn't a studio nearby where I can rent out instruments.

14. tyche

tyche Active Member

I like to read and watch documentaries. I'm a member of various buy and sell groups, and my hobby is to buy used items and resell them again for profit. I usually use the gadgets for a week then I sell it again.

15. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Writing is more than my hobby. It is my passion. After I am through with my daily routine of reading my emails, updating my posts, writing reactions or interactions to the sites which I subscribe, I listen to my favorite music or see an hour of movie from my laptop. Late in the afternoon, I have to take a 30-minute brisk walking around the public plaza. Earlier, however, I have to go fetch my grandson in the Church for he's studying in Seminary Class. While I am waiting for him, I have to play some of my favorite Church hymns in the piano.

16. littlewitch66

littlewitch66 Active Member

My granddaughter is at school so this is when I get my free time. I love forum posting, exchanging ideas and opinions with people from all over the world, tending to my animals, two dogs and two guinea pigs, doing a little baking and maybe watching a movie if I have time before the school run. I'm retired now and sometimes wonder how I fitted work in!

17. Trixen

Trixen New Member

Movie marathon! I'm a fan of horror and thriller. I sing too. I love to sing that I bought my own mic and a mic stand. I sing with youtube songs. Then, I read when I see an interesting book at the bookshop.

18. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

I like to take walks at night so that I could feel the cool night air while listening to music. I also like to play video games or watch YouTube videos at night when nobody is around to bother me. I sometimes like to read some Garfield comics as well because Garfield's life seems awesome. He has a lazy life and you don't have to do anything. Sounds awesome to me. Cats have it great,

19. to7update

to7update Active Member

Walks at night huh @TheKnight? :) I love riding my bike at dawn or sunset, it seems the world is quieter then.

My biggest hobby is tennis. I've been playing it for years, I am having lessons for 3 years now, but I am yet to be good haha. I am struggling hard though. :)

20. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

My kids are mostly grown. Three of four have moved out already. I also have grandbabies who visit regularly.

I don't really find myself with any extra time though, lol. When I do find some time, it's usually used for crafting of some sort. I love to make stuff, and I've been told that I'm very creative. I am also trying to work on a blog in my "spare" time.

21. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

I don't necessarily want it to be quiet because I also like watching the people pass by. I have the most energy at night too for some reason. Sometimes, I even stop by a small eatery and have a nice meal.

There's something about the night, man. You're done with the day, the air is cool, your only job after is to sleep, and everyone is mostly happy and not in a hurry. People outside just hanging out with their friends or alone on their phone and kids playing. It's nice.

thisnthat likes this.
  22. Mika

Mika Active Member

I love walking, trekking, watching cricket and playing badminton. I am a marketing professional currently working in Australia and having fun walking the famous walking sites.

23. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I just entered an art contest. I don't usually do this kind of thing, because it takes up a lot of time. I figured that I needed a bit of "down time" (even though it really isn't). It still takes time and work, but it's much more fun for me than the things I do in a typical day. I'm enjoying the work. I'll let you know if I win. Wish me luck. :D

24. Ladykayann

Ladykayann New Member

I really don't have any free time, I wish I did but I love to sing and listen to worship music. I spend all of my time taking care of my family.

I became a member of this forum yesterday and I am enjoying it.

25. D Lee

D Lee New Member

All the free times I can get within the week tend to be for Shopping.. It's sad to say that I'm in that moment of time where almost every of my free minute is invested on some money making ways.. Not to mention that I miss those past free moments I used to chill out with my siblings in a nearby park, and the many holidays I've spent on kid's development programs. I also play a few music instruments and I've recently not given them my time. I'm just looking forward to anyway..

26. tony

tony Active Member

Lately I hardly get a free time if not at work then I am busy working with my computer. I am spending most of my free time with my computer learning different tasks and activities online. I've not been engaged in outdoor sports for some time now. One thing the more I go online the more I see that there are many new things to do and learn. I'm trying to strike a balance between my online activities and outdoor sports so I am not lacking in any.

27. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

I usually like watching movies and animations whenever am free.But I love music and singing but am not a pretty good singer but I try.I also like creating stuffs from things I collect.

28. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I like reading, cooking and trying out new recipes. I also do a bit of gardening in my window boxes.