Stay Home, Stay Safe, make new online friends at forums.kinacle.com

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Jason, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Jason

Jason Member

Being forced to stay indoors because of coronavirus doesn't mean we can't socialize and make new friends and meet new people.

One way to stay at home and engage in a worthy and valuable discussion is to join forums. Forums have been in existence for decades, and their potential has always been underutilised.

Since I joined forums.kinacle.com, I must say I have enjoyed every bit of my "working at home". It was a timely decision for my parenting skills which were already wanting because of overtime and work travel.

Every day, I not only learn something new on parenting but also meet someone nee from all over the world. Feels like teleporting.

2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

You have the point and it's commendable. I like your idea and you're promoting this forum.

You have just expressed it here. I may ask: have you shared this? Have you told your friends, your associates or whatever social group you may have had?

If you have done, that's wonderful. I do appreciate your resourcefulness.

Jason likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Member

I have done that. In fact I just used the little share button on my browser to share it directly on my Facebook and Twitter page. I love this forum.
    See:

Screenshot_20200326-100938_Lite.jpg

4. Jason

Jason Member

I suggest the @admin to change the Og image to show the Kinacle logo instead of the Xenforo default logo when shared on social media.

5. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

Didn't know it was still like that! Will pass this along so it can get fixed.

We're looking to do more to promote this forum from our main site, which is where most of our visitors are now. I agree that platforms like this can be really valuable - especially for parents who may not always want to discuss things with their local peers. :emoji_slight_smile:

6. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Jason likes this.
  7. Jason

Jason Member

This is great. I soon we will have more people streaming here and thus the discussions will be healthier and more intense. Actually I have noticed a increase in registration recently. I think it is because of the sharing we have done lately.

8. doursay

doursay New Member

I think most chat forums are stepping up their marketing these days. More and more people are online, they miss hanging out with their friends and these places can be a good substitute.

9. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

I like the title of this discussion. In social media, so many that I know were spending precious time to chat about nonsensical matters. Why not just join a sensible forum that can be beneficial not only to yourself but also to the others who are in need of tips and advice on parenthood.