The Best Ways For Parents To Beat The Daily Grind

Discussion in 'Kinacle Blog Posts' started by Kinacle (Bot), Mar 26, 2018.

1. Kinacle (Bot)

Kinacle (Bot) Member

2. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I definitely agree with your blog. When I was single, I would sleep a minimum of 8 hours per day and sometimes whenever my work needs it, I would stay awake and keep on working for 2 days straight and after would sleep for 12-16 hours.

My regular changed when my wife gave birth to our eldest child my sleeping pattern was in shambles, I literally didn't had a chance to sleep for 8 hours a day, the best would be 2-3 hours at night. This really affected my working habits and my health.

I already had a stroke 4 years prior and I'm constantly monitoring my blood pressure and sugar. Taking care of our kids at night, the daily commute as well as the nature of my work made me fatigue, reaching new levels of stress.

Then our second child came after a year and a half, we now have 2 great boys, but for 4 long years I literally didn't sleep, because we took turns at night taking care of the babies, I resorted to meditations and it helped me a great deal in combatting the stress. Another thing that help me was watching cable TV programs at night while taking care of my kids, this entertained me to quench my boredom. This continued for 4 long years. And this is one of the sacrifices in becoming a parent, I've already endured it. That was 14 years ago and my 2 boys are taller than me now.

Elsa likes this.
  3. Elsa

Elsa Starlight Baby Employee Staff Member

Wow! That is a lot to endure. God is good and has kept you steady despite health issues in those four years.

Parenting truly entails a huge sacrifice so it's not for the faint-hearted. While others run away from the responsibilities of parenthood, there are still a lot more of us who stay to keep the family strong, and when the kids are finally grown up, our sacrifices will be rewarded. Cheers to you!

4. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

I do agree with what presented in the blog that parents are to hurdle the "daily grind of stress, frustration and exhaustion."

We had our first born when we're in our teens. We're 21 years old and we're living with my parents. Three years later I got a job at the bank.

The sacrifice my wife and I had is terrible. We took turn in taking care of our son during night time. But when I fell asleep my wife woke up in the middle of the night or very early in the morning to check our son's situation.

It's no joke to be a young parent. You couldn't sleep well. Your time is very limited. But I do appreciate my wife's long suffering, perseverance and anything to take care and rear up of our baby.

When our baby has grown we take time to out and bring our baby to our favorite resto and hangout. Without cooperation, we have survived and raised our 6 children. We provide them their and now they've their own family.