The Problem of Privileged Children

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Jason76, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

Many of the rich, like Donald Trump's parents, sent their kids to military school - to teach them appreciation, considering the toughness of real life would never do that (because they're rich). Anyway, even for kids who aren't as rich as Trump was/is - they might face problems where they simply live a spoiled existence - of no fault of their own really.

O.K., how would you teach kids appreciation etc.. when obviously everyday life won't teach them?

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

Talking about spoiling a child of a wealthy family I guess they are just the same as ordinary mortals like us. It's just that their standards are higher. If my child would ask me for a bike then I would need time to think it over. For the boy of a wealthy man, I guess the father would also take time to think about buying a jetski for his son. What matters is the way that the parents would accede to the needs of their children.

3. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

A good idea would be for the rich man - to not even give the child a bike. Well, I mean, the child should earn everything they get - and even Christmas should be a reward for good behavior. However, though, nothing is set in stone - and I'm sure my parents bought me things, just for their pleasure or mine - no strings attached.