The Superiority Complex and Bullying

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Jason76, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

https://forums.kinacle.com/threads/...s-a-massively-disabled-youth.1356/#post-10840

Some kids have an installed superiority complex which annoys other children. Well, one source of it, as mentioned in the above thread, is parents of disabled and/or different children who try to counter bullying - by simply making the child a bully.

Anyway, another source of this complex - is simply obnoxious mothers/fathers who teach their sons/daughters to be like themselves (Sadly, these types are often popular.)!

Anyway, you got a huge mess when disabled kids with a superiority complex - run into other bully types.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

May I cite the problem in China. With the 1-child policy of the government, you can imagine the pampered children in having 2 sets of grandparents all for himself. That is a sure formula for bringing up a spoiled brat and probably can also develop superiority complex and later on becoming a bully. However how can you be a bully when all around you are also bullies? That would be fun to observe particularly in grade schools.

Jason76 likes this.
  3. Jason76

Jason76 Active Member

I'm sure the pampered bully probably bullies ones weaker than him/her - and then is bullied, himself/herself - by stronger kids. Anyway, not all bullying is bad. It's more like, "Knock it off.". However, actual - real bullying, should never be done - even to people deserving it!

Well, I think plenty of bullies have brothers/sisters as mean as they are - so the one-child situation isn't the only reason.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  4. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

That's a great challenge among the parents, the school or the teacher who's handling that child.

I know that it could be solved for I have a classroom teacher handling a variety of kids with unusual personalitues. We teach them values which played no.much to reform their bad behavior. But we have observed when they see or watch other behave well, they seem to be treated that way.

Therefore, values aren't only taught, but they're caught.