Time to be hawk eyed

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by remnant, Nov 23, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant Member

Toddlers are in that stage where they are curious about everything. Since they haven't learned to talk, they are very practical and want to touch everything that comes their way including ingestion. Its therefore paramount to keep poisons, medicines, sharp and hot objects at bay or out of their reach.

2. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

They are curious little ones aren't they?

Love listening to them talk and try to explain things, seeing how their mind works and puts pieces together, it's fascinating and fun. Even if it means I end up listening a 2 minute story for 10 minutes lol.

3. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

I actually notice actions in children that their parents don't. Some parents just don't care enough to pay attention.

There was this jittery girl having her height measured at Disneyland. She was being measured under a metal bar. I was thinking in my mind ''she's going to jump and bump herself on the head'' but I thought that the parents noticed and would carefully remove her from under. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Sure enough, she jumped, hit her head, and the crying began.

4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I have a sort of phobia when it comes to toddlers because I have experienced seeing toddlers getting hurt by themselves. Our laundrywoman sometimes brings her granddaughter in our house. I would tell her to be always alert because I don't want to see the little girl being hurt. She's a cute 2-year old.

5. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

This is a challenging stage for parents when a toddler puts everything in mouth to taste it.

Keeping tiny tits and bits out of reach is advisable. Also it is good that until kids grow up about 5 to 6 years the furniture should be that of plastic instead of glass, wood or iron/metal.
    This prevents majority of accidents aroumd the house.

Kitchen stoves and hot water hot stuffs like iron and water heater should be kept out of reach of such children.

6. tony

tony Active Member

Toddlers need to be watched every moment of the day especially when they are awake. There actions most times are unpredictable around the home. They kind of want to touch and feel anything within their reach. Substances, especially drugs, soaps, oils and so on should be kept out of their reach. May need to be taken and kept up.

7. kamai

kamai Active Member

Yes, they are curious little ones. I have to keep watch of my toddler at all time because I am terrified she will get hurt or choke on something. I do explain to her the dangers of doing certain things and she seems to understand but of course sometimes curiousity takes over. I do understand that she is still a little girl so I am always behind her and always try to keep dangerous objects away from her reach.