Wearing masks while at school when schools open

Discussion in 'Kids' started by iamawriter, Jun 7, 2020.

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

800px-Coronavirus_children_mask.jpg

Here in India schools will reopen in July. Washing hands and wearing masks will be mandatory even for kids. It is not understood how kids can stay for so many hours wearing masks.

What is your take on this

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

If I have schoolchildren in our home, I would not send them to school and probably I would try to find an alternative school that can be attended via online completely. I cannot trust the children to be keeping themselves safe. What if one of the class gets the virus then the spread would be instant since kids are close to each other especially when they are in the playground.

3. tyche

tyche Active Member

Well, it's still June, but I wonder if that will push through. Opening classes amid the spread of the virus is not very wise, and I wonder if there are enrollees to begin with.

4. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Our kids know how to wear facemask and observing social distancing.

Enrollment has already started via online. Face-to-face method isn't practicable. Parents won't allow their children go to school yet. The department of education is also uncertain when to open the school since our country has so many Covid cases.

Even our very own President is still in doubt whether the school is ready or not.

5. Alexandoy

The government should make sure that the kids are safe with the precautionary measures in the school particularly in the classroom. When that will be the norm of the school year then it is scary to think that kids would be infected and it will be a big issue. Parents would be angry with the school authorities for sure.

6. Hova

Hova Active Member

That is going to be torture. I can't even wear a face-mask for a few minutes because of difficulty in breathing, let alone a whole school day. I don't know how they are going to do it but I'm sure it is going to cause a lot of problems.

7. Alexandoy

That is loud and clear that if we cannot withstand wearing the face mask for a long time then much more with the kids especially the mischievous kids. They would remove their face mask even if the teacher would tell them from time to time. If one of the students would be infected then it would be very easy for the virus so spread.,

8. Hova

Hova Active Member

It is going to be tough keeping children safe at school. You can't expect teachers to be following the learners everywhere just to make sure that they are following the rules. We all know students don't listen to other students in authority, actually they despise them, so this will not work either.

9. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

I think it is still risky for children to go back to school.since children oftenly forget some instructions and the are likely to forget to wash their hands.Also children enjoy playing together and this will be difficult for them to stop and they do not understand the seriousness of this virus.

10. Hova

Hova Active Member

I saw a photo of children on the playground but they were not playing together. Each child was sitting on a designated square(I know you are probably asking you yourself right now, what the hell is a 'designated square?). It is a roughly drawn square on the ground, using chalk or something of that sort, and each kid can ONLY play inside that square.

So the teachers have drawn a bunch of these squares on the ground for kids and all they can do is look at each other. It looked like something they do in Guantanamo Bay.