Whаt аrе thе bеst dеvеlоpmеntаl tоys fоr bаbiеs?

Discussion in 'Babies' started by MariaJ, Dec 9, 2016.

1. MariaJ

MariaJ Member

In my оpiniоn thоsе thаt stimulаtе intеrасtiоn with mоtiоn аnd nоisе аnd соlоr аnd tеxturе.
    Whеn bаby is mоtivаtеd tо try tо rеасh fоr аnd еxplоrе his wоrld аlmоst аnything саn bесоmе а dеvеlоpmеntаl 'tоy' bесаusе suсh еxеrсisе оf bоdy аnd brаin brings оn grоwth аnd dеvеlоpmеnt.
    It rеsts with us оnly tо kееp bаby sаfе аnd lеt him/hеr оthеrwisе hаvе full rеign оf his/hеr wоrld.

2. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

Toys like building bricks, putting rings in pyramids and making a train are good for toddlers as they help develop fine grip and skills.

For babies on the other hand colourful toys are visually stimulating. Lights of different colours also helps baby's brain to focus better.

3. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

For me, the usual learning block with different colors is still the best for babies. I believe that babies can discern colors and probably shapes. And although the baby cannot be expected to be creative at that age, after 1 year the baby can do something with the blocks. I don’t know if I had grown with those blocks but my daughter had those block that probably taught her some logic.

4. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

Many would agree and say that building blocks are good and not just bricks that you stack on each other but those blocks that can be fused together to form other objects and shapes. They can learn how to build things, how things go together to stay sturdy and balanced, and they can learn the colors if they do come in them.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

I think puzzles, shapes and Lego are good toys and can help the babies brain development. By playing puzzles and shapes, babies can be familiarize with different types of shapes and they will also enhance their strategic skills by arranging puzzles. Lego and other building toys can help them develop their visualization as well as their creativity :)

6. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

I think the best toys for baby's are the toys that promote and stimulate your child's learning (educational toys). Plush toys would be first on the list, with their bright colors, peek-a-boo mirrors and teethers you can't go wrong with these to start out with.:)

First blocks, Bendy Balls, Puzzle Cubes, these are all good first choices for the Baby (birth-2yrs). My favorite used to be the Fisher Price items, it's a brand you can't go wrong with.:):emoji_thumbsup:

7. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

I do agree with you toys that could attract the sight, touch, and hearing senses of the child are ideal for his formative growing state. Attractive of bright color objects could stimulate his sight ability. Bells or anything that could product sound is ideal for his hearing skill and objects of different sizes or shapes could facility his touch discrimination. Those are the classification of toys should babies be exposed and played with.

AngelaMc likes this.