Whаt's а gооd bеdtimе fоr а 2-yеаr-оld?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by MariaJ, Mar 28, 2017.

1. MariaJ

MariaJ Member

Whаt's а gооd bеdtimе fоr а 2 1/2-yеаr-оld?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  2. janemarie

janemarie Member

Seven o'clock is a good time for children to go to bed. Anything after that I think is adult time. Even if they just go to their room and start to wind down. It's always good to take them to bed, and then read them a story or sing to them until they sleep. Children need more sleep than adults and they burn off a lot of energy during the day.

You could also try giving her a cup of warm milk before bedtime as that drink always relaxes the body. Another thing you could do is sprinkle some lavender oil, or have a bunch of fresh lavender beside the pillow. Lavender always aids a restful sleep.

3. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

For me, the best bed time for a baby and toddler is the bedtime of adults especially when you don't have a nanny. It's really difficult to wake up at midnight to tend to the baby who wants to play while you are thinking of your job on the next morning. What we did to our daughter was to let her sleep at daytime but after 4pm, we discourage her to sleep so she will be sleepy by 9pm or so. But usually she wakes up at 3am or 4am which still interfered with our sleeping time.

4. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Active Member

I think 8 o'clock is a good time. This is the time I would put my son to bed. If he wasn't tired at that time, I would still try to keep bedtime on a routine of 8 o'clock. Reading bedtime stories always helped him relax before bed, I had a set of golden books in his room, and we would read.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

We always made sure that our children was ready for bed by 7.30 and in bed by 8. I think the important part was the fact that as long as they was ready for bed at 7.30, they could actually have another half an hour up if they wanted, and they saw that as a treat.

Most children don't want to go to bed when they are told, ours included, but by being ready to go to bed but not actually told to get in it till 8, it did stop a few of the tantrums!

6. Decentlady

Decentlady Active Member

I think it varies from family to family but the earlier the better. Anything after 7.30 is good in my opinion but not later than 9pm.

Kids if they sleep early will be refreshed in the morning.

7. tony

tony Active Member

I don't think there should be fixed bed time for the child. Children will naturally go to sleep at their own time especially when they are done playing. If the child had a long siesta the bed time at night may changed, the child may sleep late in the night. That said it's important to make sure the child gets adequate sleep.