What do you think about surrogacy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by iamawriter, May 27, 2020.

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

More and more celebrities opt for surrogate pregnancy. Will this not affect the child born this way? Also there are stories about those who become surrogate mothers get attached to the baby and that has a serious mental effect on the surrogate mother followed by unpleasantness between both the parties.

2. tyche

tyche Active Member

I think that surrogate pregnancy is a good way to get pregnant, especially if the woman cannot bear a child anymore. Surrogate mothers are paid in the first place, so the likelihood of being attached to the baby is slim.

3. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

I agree with you that those who cannot conceive the natural way could resort to this method but what about those normal celebrities go for this for different reasons and one of them is to keep their body in shape?

4. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Everything has its purpose and there are problems that have solutions.

Barren women have a sincere desire to raise a children if possible they could avail of surrogate pregnancy they will and willing to pay.

The surrogate mother actually won't raise the children. As soon as she delivers a child of one's hubby, she's paid and the contract is over. So there's less or no attachment of the baby to the surrogate mother.

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

It is not only the celebrities who are turning to surrogacy but also the gay and lesbian people who cannot conceive in the natural way. There is one gay man who has several sets of twins with the surrogate mothers selected from the list of Russian volunteers. When the children grow I wonder how they would thin of themselves. Just like the kids of Michael Jackson huh.

6. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

With population explosion they would do well if they adopted children rather than go through this unnatural way. Also the child thus born will have issues if it is born from a borrowed egg.

7. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

In your comment you have expressed my own fear "When the children grow I wonder how they would thin of themselves. Just like the kids of Michael Jackson huh"!!
    Childless couples can do wonders with their time and I feel there is a reason why they are childless.

8. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

It's my opinion that surrogacy is a blessing. Anybody willing to go through so much to have a child must really want to become a parent, and will probably do an excellent job at the role once they're given the opportunity.

I understand the concerns, of course. Thankfully, the children grow up largely the same as any other child would - often in even better environments because again, the parents really wanted to have them.

Most surrogacy agencies conduct psychological screening both to the surrogates and the intended parents, while also going into detail about potential complications with the process. Of course, this isn't always conducted if pursuing surrogacy independently.

9. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

It is not as easy in the sense there are issues that one has to look into. As long as the egg and sperm belong to the couple there will be no trouble but what if one or the other has been bought or donated? Will it not have some effect or the other on the couple later on ? Also what is the point if both egg and sperm are borrowed or donated? Might as well adopt a child. There are so many who are waiting to be adopted.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  10. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

That's also a good question. In regards to the genetic makeup not being entirely from the intended parents, this really isn't any different to adoption at birth. Any particular issues in regards to how the child turns out are likely to be the same and all else being equal, adopted children don't really turn out any different.

I agree that adoption is the ideal choice if you're not going to have any genetic ties anyway, but unfortunately this isn't as easy as it sounds. Adoption may take months or years, can cost just as much money, and have way more headaches to deal with both during the process and afterward. At least in the United States, anyway.

It's even more challenging if you're wanting to adopt a newborn or infant, as the demand is much higher.

It's a very tough issue to think about - on one hand, there are a lot of children in need of loving homes. At the same time, safety of the children has to be a priority and the government needs to be sure the children are going to safe, loving homes.

All things considered though, I don't blame parents for giving up an adoption and going straight to surrogacy because of it.

11. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Both approaches surrogacy and adoption seem not worth the trouble it seems to me. These couples can use their time and money for improving the world and get joy doing that The world needs them.

12. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

I don't like that idea of surrogate mothers giving birth to your child.I know most of them do it for the money but that job ain't good carrying a baby for nine months.I don't think you if I can actually do that it's like giving away my child.I mean the mother and child bond naturally and that cant prevented

iamawriter likes this.
  13. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

There is more to life than just bringing in children into this world. Nature has ordained that not all can bring children into this world. They have other noble roles to fulfil.

14. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Surrogacy is a blessing for many childless parents but it should be the last option. However, when I see perfectly healthy parents opting for surrogacy just because they don't want to lose time and face health issues on account of pregnancy, because they can afford the money, I think it is abusing the blessing.

iamawriter likes this.
  15. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

That was exactly my point. Many want to retain the shape of their body and go for this method. Also they do not want to go through the hassle of pregnancy.

nangk08 likes this.
  16. Hova

Hova Active Member

I imagine helping other women experience motherhood is the best gift you could ever give someone. I think it is a noble course and an honorable duty.

17. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

One experiences motherhood when the baby is carried in one's womb. I would any day advocate adoption although reports have it one has to go through hassles. But adoption finally happens

18. Hova

Hova Active Member

I meant parenthood. There was a story in the Washington Post about a mother who became a surrogate for her own daughter.

19. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Somehow I do not like this idea The mother nurtures her son-in-law's sperm. How normal can that be? It would have been better the daughter went for an unknown surrogacy. Just my thought

20. Hova

Hova Active Member

That is like your sister/brother is also your child.

21. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

This is only seen among animals. Human being are way above them. Don't you think? Also there are bound to be repercussions when the child comes to know how it came into this world.

22. Emma kwamboka

Emma kwamboka Member

That inevitably becomes your sibling and not yo child. Surrogacy should be for people who cannot experience motherhood. What people are doing now is sad. They should just enroll in a workout class and lose body fat caused by motherhood. They can start as soon as they heal and their medical advisers advise them too. Skipping ropes usually help a lot and maintaining a good diet afterward really helps with any weight increase that you gain. Mothers should embrace motherhood. No one cares if you are fat. There will be so much time afterward to lose it.

iamawriter likes this.
  23. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Very convincing justification. Women long for motherhood wanting that experience of going through the nine month period and that pain but here we have those who are more concerned about the shape of their body Very sad.

24. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

Yes that would be just so weird and twisted. Imagine what the child would think when it comes to know that!

iamawriter likes this.
  25. Emma kwamboka

Emma kwamboka Member

Some secrets are better kept unsaid.

nangk08 likes this.
  26. Emma kwamboka

Emma kwamboka Member

It's just an excuse they say. Workout is an efficient way to lose weight and have your baby a healthy way.

iamawriter likes this.
  27. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

By the parents, yes it is possible to keep such a thing secret but what about other people? Relatives, friends, etc.... also I feel that keeping such an important thing secret from the child is not done. Can such a secret be kept for a whole lifetime?

iamawriter likes this.
  28. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

The consequences of keeping a secret and the child later getting to know about it from remote sources is bound to affect the child and the relationship between the child and the parents is bound to suffer.

nangk08 likes this.
  29. Emma kwamboka

Emma kwamboka Member

Its better you just tell them. Once they start to inquire, just come clean and tell them. They better hear it from you than outside sources.

30. Emma kwamboka

Emma kwamboka Member

I highly doubt it. There are always rumors.