Whats everyone reading now

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by waybeyondfedup, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Have since decided to stop doing this particular one. Since, I found it got too hard to keep up with it. Especially, over these past couple of yrs.

2. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I'm reading old Zechariah Sitchin and Stephen Hawking books. Also some Manga's and DC Graphic Novels. I read books all year round and I try to finish 1 book per month or 12 books per year, doing this polishes my reading skills and gives me additional knowledge.

3. tallulah

tallulah Active Member

I'm reading an old, old novel. Thurston House by Danielle Steel. Love all her books that I have read:).

4. tyche

tyche Active Member

I'm reading various ebooks right now, and right now I'm reading Hunger Games, the 1st book.

5. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I am back to reading Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome. I had read it while in school and was quite pleased to see the book in the library again after so many years and decided to read it again. It was so amusing that I was laughing by myself a lot. I have an Agatha Christie book lined up next.

6. janemarie

janemarie Member

The set of 'A song of ice and fire' by George R.R. Martin. Or you may know it as a 'Game of Thrones.' I managed to get it at half price so I'm wading my way through. It is brilliant and I'm loving it. I've just finished reading the 'Girl on the train' and I really enjoyed that too.

7. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

That is funny! I just read a short story by Agatha Christie titled "the Girl on the Train" although I bet it isn't the same one as that you read, but its piqued my curiosity. Is it good? Who is the author?

8. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

I only read the newspaper and online content. That is more than enough for me to keep me abreast of what is happening in the world And what users provide at various sites is interesting reading kind of keeps me connected with the world.

9. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I'm rereading my Zechariah Sitchin Earth Chronicle books again. Starting with The Twelfth Planet. It's all about Ancient Astronomy and it suggests an alternative theory to the history of mankind, it's a very good read.

nangk08 likes this.
  10. Mika

Mika Active Member

I am reading the latest novel of Chetan Bhagat - Anita- A Trophy Wife. It's kind of detective and physiological matter with lots of turns and twists. However, I did not like it as much as I generally do the other Chetan Bhagat novels so I could not finish it in one sitting.

11. Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020 Member

I just bought an Ebook at Amazon Kindle and it's all about the different ways of preparing one of my favorite dishes "Adobo".

Adobo is an easy to cook delicious pork or chicken stew wich uses simple spices like pepper, bay leaf, salt, vinegar, soysauce. It's put in a pot and simmered for 30 minutes and it's done. You can also spice it up a bit by putting in a couple of hot chili peppers in or sweeten it by adding sugar. Hard boiled quail or chicken eggs and potatoes can also be added.

Im half way through now and I'm enjoying this book titled My Little Book of Adobo, it was written by a famous chef and restaurateur, one of the best culinary experts here Chef Gene Gonzalez.

12. Liranda

Liranda New Member

I am reading magazines about autism and child health.

13. Red Derr

Red Derr New Member

Is it true that the weather affects a girl's mood?
    I just read it in someone post.

14. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I have run out books to read now and the library is still closed. Amazon is still not delivering to my location so I am back to reading Harry Potter books now!:)

15. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

It's my routine to read the Scriptures everyday and reflect it to my way of life the spiritual insights I may get from the verses I have read.

The Scriptures are my guiding philosophy in life especially the works and wonders of the Lord because of the faith of the people in God.

I have been reading it cover to cover since 1980 for I'm a teacher in Seminary and Institute of Religion classes of our Church.