When do babies start crawling?

Discussion in 'Babies' started by marinalizabeth, Oct 25, 2019.

1. marinalizabeth

marinalizabeth New Member

You should not be worried at all if your baby is late to crawl. Every baby is different from one another and does their own things at different times.
    Most babies start crawling between 4 to 11 months. Just let your baby grow at their own pace.

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

There is a saying in our culture that the couple cannot have sex until the baby starts to crawl. I guess that is 2 or 3 months. But honestly I really don't know if there is truth to that adage although most of the people I know subscribe to that.

3. Hova

Hova Member

That makes sense. I remember I had a friend whose kid took really long to speak. The kid would just mumble stuff while other kids his age were speaking really well. So I guess some kids are slow while others mature way more faster.

4. tyche

tyche Active Member

Same here. I don't think that parents should worry if the child is a bit slow in walking, every child's development is different, some are fast and some are slow.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. Hova

Hova Member

Exactly. Let kids, be kids.

6. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

I think 6 to 11 months is the typical age that babies start to crawl - but they could skip this phase and go right to the walking stage. Babies should be crawling or walking by 12 months though, if not, you should consult a pediatrician.

7. Hova

Hova Member

My mother used to tell us that, by 8 months, we were all walking. Nowadays, most kids don't take that long to start walking. They are maturing way more faster than we did.

8. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

It depends on babies really, while most girls start crawling sooner than boys, the physical development of each baby might vary from other.

9. Maestro

Maestro Member

Most people will tell you that kids will start crawling between the ages of 6 months and 10 months. For others, they skip the crawling part and start walking right away.

10. Hova

Hova Member

That actually makes sense. Personally, I started walking when I hit the eighth month mark, at least according to my mother.

11. Maestro

Maestro Member

That was pretty fast. I don't know anyone who walked that early.