When to stop drinking alcohol

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Rossy303, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Rossy303

Rossy303 New Member

It is advised that pregnant women should not consume alcohol. Some think it is only appropriate to stop taking alcohol when they are some months pregnant. However, you should quit alcohol the moment you start trying to get pregnant

2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

There are some pregnant women who are hard headed and won't listen to the advice of their parents, friends or even their family doctor that she's going to stop drinking alcoholic beverages or even smoking for it's not good for her baby.

They don't care what will happen to their baby. What kind of a mother they are? I think there should be a law to punish them. They're just killing their baby.

What do you think?

3. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Active Member

I agree that you have to quit not only drinking alcohol but also smoking once you decide to get pregnant. Anything that can harm the baby whether it is alcohol or nicotine should be avoided just to be assured of a healthy baby when it is conceived.

4. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha New Member

First of all, alcohol should not be consumed. Women who are trying to get pregnant should not take alcohol in the first place. Aside from harming the baby, alcohol can also cause damage to the liver, kidney and uterus. It is not only about the baby but also the mother's health.

5. tyche

tyche Active Member

I agree, it's really not advisable for pregnant women to drink at all, it might endanger the baby.