Which things have you learnt you can do without?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Jason, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Jason

Jason Member

Honestly, this Covid 19 lockdown has been a learning experience for me and my family. I have just learnt that I can even eat one meal a day and that Microwave is not a Must have!!

Another important lesson I have learnt is that I can stay without a nanny! What have you discovered?

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

The best thing I see is the bonding of the family. There is more cooperation among the family members and people have become less choosy especially with food. Now is the time to learn self discipline that we cannot do things that we regularly do like going to the mall or going on a vacation trip. In other words, luxuries seemed to have been gone and even if we feel deprived but we can cope with it.

Jason likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Member

Sure. There is more harmony in the family unit. But if the pandemic is prolonged, am afraid things may change for the worst. Because the provider will have a tough time! This is worse if the provider is one person in a family of many. Extended family will also expect to be supported at this trying times.

4. tyche

tyche Active Member

I haven't discovered anything special yet with the recent tragedy apart from people being forced to live low key and do without luxuries.