Would allow your baby to be cuddled and kissed by all and sundry?

Discussion in 'Babies' started by iamawriter, May 28, 2020.

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

I have seen family or friends waste no time in lifting the toddler in their arms showering cuddles and kisses. No doubt it indicates one's love for the little one but it is highly risky as the baby could contract any illness from those who indulge in this practice

What is your stand on this?

2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

Well in this global crisis, I won't permit other people to kiss or cuddle our baby. Everyone is strictly prohibited to have a physical contact to anyone including the children.

But during normal time, only the closed members of our family are allowed to do that for our children. And we have no issue or problem met as far as our children's health is concerned.

3. tyche

tyche Active Member

I actually wouldn't also allow that if ever I have a kid, since it's covid season. It's rather dangerous for parents to let their kids be handled by other people at this virus outbreak season.

4. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Even during normal times it is not advisable for babies to get that treatment, as babies have low immunity and they can contract any disease. Having said that it is however, difficult to resist!!

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Even with our dogs, I don't want people petting them much more if we have a baby, I don't think they can do that. I am very strict when it comes to the health of the baby. For me, a baby is very delicate that diseases are just lurking. If we are not careful then sickness can afflict the baby and the parents would be troubled simply because they allowed people to dote on their baby. With the virus around us, there is now a good excuse for anyone to not cuddle the baby.

6. cmoneyspinner

cmoneyspinner New Member

I had my first child over 40 years ago. But in the hospital where he was born, parents were required to attend a class on how to properly care for their newborns. I can remember the instructor, a nurse, advising us to “Be careful who holds or handles your baby. Your baby needs to grow strong and build their immunity and resistance. Germs that don't bother someone else could make a baby very sick or even kill them.”

Now doesn't that sound like wise advice?

iamawriter likes this.
  7. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

I am with you on this - not just now with the virus around but at all times. Some have the habit of kissing the baby all over the face which is revolting if you ask me. The problem is it is difficult for the parents to dissuade anyone from doing this.

8. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

@cmoneyspinner That advice was relevant and necessary. But in your experience were you successful in imposing that rule? Did you ever tell anyone not to cuddle or kiss your little one? How easy was it?