Would you entrust your baby to a nanny?

Discussion in 'Babies' started by Alexandoy, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

If you know the background of the nanny and there is a reliable referral then maybe you can trust the nanny. But for a stranger, a baby should not be trusted for it may be harmed. There are cases where a nanny would spank the baby for no reason, a sadistic gesture. It's good that it was caught by the cctv camera. If that could happen there then it could happen to your baby.

2. Hova

Hova Active Member

I would never trust my baby with anyone. After the kinds of evil that have been caught on nanny cams from all over the world, people have no faith in strangers raising their kids.

3. nangk08

nangk08 Active Member

I agree! Babies are precious and they can never be trusted with unknown people. Unless the Nanny happens to be from a reputed institution and has been vouched for and referred by other parents, we should never trust strangers with babies. So many news we keep hearing and seeing about such people who physically abuse babies, it is simply disgusting.

4. Hova

Hova Active Member

I salute mothers who take time off work for like a year or two to take care of the baby, because that is very important. That way you make sure your baby grows up safe and healthy.

5. James McAllister

James McAllister Kinacle Employee Staff Member

It's important to take steps to ensure you're hiring someone trustworthy, that actually cares about the wellbeing of your child and would certainly never go as far as to hurt them, even if they were very frustrated or upset.

We recently published an enormous guide on choosing the right nanny / babysitter, which we're hoping to get in front of as many parents as possible before they make their choice!

6. Hova

Hova Active Member

There is a part in your article about choosing a nanny that has basic first aid training and I remembered that, that is something that most people don't even think about

7. tyche

tyche Active Member

I would also not trust a nanny that's not referred to by someone reliable, because it can endanger the safety of the baby. Even if I can afford to hire a maid or nanny now that I'm living alone, I also won't do it.

8. Hova

Hova Active Member

I get what you saying. I also feel like getting a nanny that is good with kids and can also coordinate school and other fun activities, can be a little bit over what most people can afford.

9. Jason

Jason Member

Well, this is a catch22 situation. Because the hard economic times require that you both (husband and wife) work 8-5 and for some, it even takes longer. Honestly, there is little or no time to vet a new house manager /nanny thoroughly. But at the same time, since not all workplaces are child friendly, we have no option but to let go and engage a random nanny.

The only safe checks that I use is to ensure I get one from a trusted agency. Though this ends up costing me more. But at least it saves me the hustle and gives me peace of mind.

Another thing that a parent must do is to encourage the child to be open. A kid that can open up and say what the nanny could have done to her while you were away is the best you can ever wish for.

10. Hova

Hova Active Member

The thing is most babies that still can't express themselves well might be suffering in silence, not because they want to, but because they just can't report the nanny.

11. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

Most have no choice but to engage a nanny as both work and in a nucleus set up which is common there is no other alternative. It is wise however to go through a process that ensures whoever they employ have good credentials.

12. Hova

Hova Active Member

That is the reason I suggested getting a nanny that your neighborhood knows very well. Every neighborhood has at least two or three nannys that are well known and have been doing the job for ages. At least this way you don't have to worry about your baby's safety while you are at work.

13. Alexandoy

That is a good way of getting a trustworthy nanny. In the olden days there are the so called nanny for a day that can take care of the baby for a working mother. But now I don't think I can find a nanny for a day. But maybe I can ask around the neighborhood for information on how to find a trustworthy nanny.

14. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha Member

There is no problem entrusting your baby to a nanny that you really know.But one should be careful to ensure the baby is being treated well by the nanny .One put cc TV cameras in the house to monitor the nanny and the child.But if it is possible to take care of your own child one should do that so as to bond with the baby.

Alexandoy likes this.
  15. Hova

Hova Active Member

Once you see a cctv video of a nanny mistreating a baby, there is no unseeing it! Leaving your baby with a stranger is not going to be possible. I would also suggest paying for a legit establishment with qualified nannies, that is if you can afford it.

16. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Active Member

I do agree with you. Letting a stranger to take care and handle a baby is too risky. We should know the personal background of our baby or else we will be sorry and regret later.

I usually hire our relatives to care or babysit our baby. At least we're confident that our baby is in the good hands.

17. Hova

Hova Active Member

A responsible and trustworthy relative is a really great idea. I would definitely be in peace going on with my other businesses knowing that my baby is safe with a family member.

18. Alexandoy

That is a good test that we can do about a nanny. No recommendation and interview would reveal the true nature of the person unless she is left alone. With the CCTV you can monitor the moves of the nanny if she is for real. Our housemaid has been tested for 4 years now and we can fully trust her with the baby.

19. Hova

Hova Active Member

That is not a bad idea. When people think they are alone is when they show their true colors.